ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 76

Horse Chops Island

Horse Chops Island is a small island off of the coast of Labrador near the mouth of Sandwich Bay. It is named for its many cliff-faced hills. A shallow bay named Black Duck Cove can be found on the north coast of the island. Munden Island lies ju ...

Indian Harbour, Newfoundland and Labrador

Indian Harbour is a settlement in Newfoundland and Labrador. In 1892, Wilfred Grenfell, medical missionary, founded a hospital where two doctors and two nurses.

Indian Tickle

Indian Tickle, Labrador was located north of Comfort Bight. The Canadian National Railways was established there in 1953. The summer Post Office was established in 1963 and the first Post Master was James Burdett.

LAnse-au-Clair

LAnse-au-Clair is a town in the Labrador portion of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. The town has a population of 216 in the 2016 census, up from 192 in 2011. It is located on route 510, approximately 3 km from the Quebec–Labrador border. It wa ...

LAnse-au-Loup

LAnse-au-Loup is a town in the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador. The town had a population of 558 in the Canada 2016 Census, slightly up from 550 in 2011. In the Canada 2006 Census, there were 593 inhabitants. The town is located al ...

Labrador West

Labrador West refers to a region in western Labrador in the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador containing the twin towns of Labrador City and Wabush. The area is located in the southwest corner of Labrador, near the Quebec border and ...

Leila Wynne Lake

Leila Wynne Lake is a lake in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador in Eastern Canada. it is 1100 km northeast of the Canadian capital of Ottawa. The lake is 544 meters above sea level. The highest point in the immediate vicinity is 582 meter ...

Marys Harbour

Marys Harbour is a town in the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador. The town had a population of 474 in the Canada 2006 Census. It is serviced by Marys Harbour Airport. Marys Harbour surrounds the St. Marys River. St. Marys River was t ...

Michikamau Lake

Michikamau Lake, in Labrador, Canada, was absorbed into Smallwood Reservoir upon the completion of the Churchill Falls Generating Station in 1974. The lake makes up the largest part of the eastern section of the reservoir, while Lobstick Lake, al ...

Mud Lake, Newfoundland and Labrador

Mud Lake is a small unincorporated community in central Labrador, Canada. It had a population of 50 as of 2016, a drop of 4 individuals from 2011. The town is not accessible by road. It is usually reached by crossing the Churchill River by boat o ...

Muddy Bay

Muddy Bay is a natural bay on the coast of Labrador in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. In 1913, Clarence Birdseye bought land in a muddy Bay, where he built a ranch to keep Fox.

Mulligan, Newfoundland and Labrador

Mulligan is a settlement in Newfoundland and Labrador, 66 km Northeast of Happy Valley - Goose Bay. The settlement has a population of less than 100 people, and receives few visitors aside from Moose and Ptarmigan hunters.

Newfoundland Island, Labrador

Newfoundland Island is a small island off of the coast of Labrador near the mouth of Sandwich Bay. To the east lies Farrels Island, which is connected to Newfoundland Island at low tide. In 1884 Farrels Island was populated. Further to the east l ...

North River, Labrador, Newfoundland and Labrador

North River is a settlement in the Canadian province of Newfoundland and Labrador. It is located on the northern bank of the North River, about 10 miles north of the town of Cartwright.

Saddle Island, Newfoundland and Labrador

Saddle Island is a settlement in Newfoundland and Labrador. Island saddle is part of the site blah UNESCO, the 16th century Basque whaling station. The island hosted several former sites tryworks and cooperages. In two places there are broken cer ...

Sandwich Bay (Newfoundland and Labrador)

Sandwich Bay, is a natural bay on the coast of Labrador in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada. The principal permanent settlement is Cartwright, located at the south entrance to the inner part of the bay.

South Aulatsivik Island

South Aulatsivik Island is a Canadian island in northeastern part of Labrador in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador. It is located at the entrance to the Gulf of Webb, with views of the Atlantic ocean and North of Nain. The area of the Isl ...

South Wolf Island

South Wolf Island is the largest of a small group of uninhabited islands called the Wolf Islands off of the east coast of Labrador. The group stretches 4.5 km from north to south. South Wolf island in the center of the group and has a high flat r ...

Square Islands

Square Islands are located in Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, close to Charlottetown. The islands were formerly one of the major fishing areas of Labrador, with a harbour which was a key haven from Atlantic storms. The nearby Hawke Basin remai ...

Stony Island (Newfoundland and Labrador)

Stony Island is a large island off of the coast of Labrador. Cooper Island lies to the south, Hawke Island to the north and Venison Island to the east. A small harbour named Tub Harbour is located on the west side of the island. A fishing station ...

Venison Island

Venison Island is an island off of the coast of Labrador. The island is separated from the stony island in the narrow channel is called Venison tickle and measures 1200 m 550 m. the Island was once a busy jetty and the fishing community, wireless ...

Williams Harbour

Williams Harbour is a settlement in Newfoundland and Labrador. Reported August 15, 2017 article in CBC that the residents of Williams harbour have agreed to relocate. The community of Labrador in agreement with the decision to move. The cost is a ...

Albany Cross

Albany Cross is a community in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, located in Annapolis County. It is likely named for Albany, New York. Albany Community Church was dedicated in 1875 as a Baptist church and is now a municipally registered herit ...

Albany, Nova Scotia

Albany is a community in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, located in Annapolis County. It is situated on Nova Scotia Trunk 10 at an elevation of around 200m near Trout Lake.

Bear River 6

Bear River 6 is a 649-hectare Mikmaq reserve located in Annapolis County and Digby County, Nova Scotia. It had a population of 138 individuals in 2016, an increase of 35.3% compared to 2011. It is administratively part of the Bear River First nation.

Bear River 6B

Bear River 6B is a 24.3ha Mikmaq reserve located in Annapolis County, Nova Scotia. It has a population of 16 in 2016. It is administratively part of the Bear River First nation.

Belleisle, Nova Scotia

Belleisle is a community in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, located in Annapolis County. It is on Nova Scotia Trunk 1, on the north side of the Annapolis River. Its name most likely comes from a Le with the Sieur De belleisle, who took cont ...

Carleton Corner

Carleton Corner is a community in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, located in Annapolis County adjacent to Bridgetown. It is a designated place with a population of 106 in 2016. It is on Nova Scotia Route 201. This village was the site of th ...

Centrelea

Centrelea is a community in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, located in Annapolis County. It is on Nova Scotia Route 201. Former Britex in Bridgetown textile factory located there. Founded in 1960 as a branch of the elastic society in new Yo ...

Clarence, Nova Scotia

Clarence is a community in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, located in Annapolis County. Along with Fort Clarence, the community is named in honour of the Duke of Clarence and St. Andrews, later King William IV.

Clementsport

Clementsport is a community in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, located in Annapolis County. It is on the southern shore of the Annapolis Basin and is on Nova Scotia Trunk 1. The village was incorporated as the village of Clements supporters ...

Cornwallis Park

The community is located on the western edge of Clementsport and immediately east of Deep Brook. It was formerly named Cornwallis after a military base was established as HMCS Cornwallis in 1942 and becoming CFB Cornwallis in 1968 it was mothball ...

Deep Brook, Nova Scotia

Deep Brook is a community in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, located in Annapolis County. It is situated on the south shore of the Annapolis Basin and is on Nova Scotia Trunk 1.

Delaps Cove

Delaps Cove is a community in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, located in Annapolis County. It is on the shore of the Bay of Fundy by a cove of the same name.

East Margaretsville

East Margaretsville is a community in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, located in Annapolis County. It is situated on the side of North Mountain, overlooking the Bay of Fundy.

Falkland Ridge

Falkland Ridge is a community in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, located in Annapolis County. The community is likely named for Lucius Cary, 10th Viscount Falkland, Governor of Nova Scotia from 1840 to 1846, or his wife Amelia Cary, viscoun ...

Granville Centre, Nova Scotia

Granville Centre is a rural Canadian community located in Annapolis County on the north shore of the Annapolis River in western Nova Scotia. The community is named after John Carteret, 2nd Earl Granville.

Granville Ferry

Granville Ferry is a village in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, located in Annapolis County. Granville Ferry is located directly across the Annapolis River from Annapolis Royal, Nova Scotia. It was the northern terminus for ferries running ...

Graywood

Graywood is a community in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, located in Annapolis County. It is on Nova Scotia Trunk 8 at an elevation of approximately 180m.

Greenland, Nova Scotia

Greenland is a community in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, located in Annapolis County and is at an elevation of approximately 180m. It was settled in the 1780s by disbanded German troops following the American Revolutionary War.

Hampton, Nova Scotia

Hampton is a community in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, located in Annapolis County. It overlooks the Bay of Fundy and a lighthouse was built here in 1911.

Karsdale

Karsdale is a community in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, located in Annapolis County. It is situated on the west bank of the Annapolis Basin. The community is named after Sir William Williams, 1st Baronet, of Kars.

Lake La Rose, Nova Scotia

Lake La Rose is a community in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, located in Annapolis County. It is at an elevation of approximately 135m, adjacent to a lake of the same name.

Lequille

Lequille is a community in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, located in Annapolis County. It is on Nova Scotia Trunk 8 at the foot of the South Mountain, midway between Annapolis Royal to the northwest and Highway 101 to the south, approximat ...

Maitland Bridge

Maitland Bridge is a community in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, located in Annapolis County on Trunk 8 which crosses the Mersey River here. It is named after General Sir Peregrine Maitland, Lieutenant Governor of Nova Scotia from 1828 to ...

Margaretsville

Margaretsville is a Canadian rural community in Annapolis County, Nova Scotia. Located on the Bay of Fundy, Margaretsville was named for Margaret Inglis husband the honourable Brenton Halliburton, 8th chief justice of Nova Scotia. Margaret was th ...

Moschelle

Moschelle is a community in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, located in Annapolis County. It is on the south shore of the Annapolis River, on Nova Scotia Route 201. The Anglican Church of St. John was built in 1884 V. brick. It is a municipa ...

Nictaux

Nictaux is a community in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, located in Annapolis County. Nictaux is at the intersection of Highway 10 and Highway 201. The name Nictaux comes from the Mikmaq word Niktak, meaning The forks of a river. Nictaux b ...

Nictaux Falls

Nictaux Falls is a community in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, located in Annapolis County on Nova Scotia Route 10, immediately south of Nictaux.

Nictaux South

Nictaux South is a community in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, located in Annapolis County, on Nova Scotia Route 10, south of Nictaux Falls and Nictaux.