ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 4

Stoke Albany

Stoke Albany is a village and civil parish in Northamptonshire, part of the Borough of Kettering. It is off the A427 road between Market Harborough and Corby, about halfway between the two. At the time of the 2001 census, the parishs population w ...

Stoke Doyle

Stoke Doyle is a village and civil parish in East Northamptonshire in England, two miles south-west of Oundle. The population of the village at the 2011 Census was included in the Civil Parish of Wadenhoe.

Strixton

Strixton is a small village in Eastern Northamptonshire that borders the main A509 road between Wellingborough and Milton Keynes. The population of the village remained less than 100 at the 2011 Census and is included in the civil Parish of Wolla ...

Sudborough

Sudborough is a village and civil parish in East Northamptonshire. At the time of the 2001 census, the parishs population was 189 people, increasing to 202 at the 2011 Census. The village of cadboro is set back from the A6116 road and within the ...

Sulby Reservoir, Northamptonshire

Sulby Reservoir is in the English county of Northamptonshire. Sulby reservoir is the higher of a pair of reservoirs owned by the canal & river trust - other-Welford reservoir, which provide water to the level of the canal the Grand Union across t ...

Sulby, Northamptonshire

Sulby is a hamlet and civil parish in the Daventry district of the county of Northamptonshire in England. The population of the hamlet at the 2011 Census is included in the civil parish of Sibbertoft. Sulby reservoir lies to the South of the sett ...

Sutton Bassett

Sutton Bassett is a village and civil parish in Northamptonshire, England, in the Welland valley. It was formerly in the Corby Hundred but has been part of the Stoke Hundred. Church Sutton Bassetts, All Saints Church, which partly dates back to t ...

Tansor

Tansor is a village and civil parish in the English county of Northamptonshire. Lying near the River Nene, three miles north-east of the town of Oundle and a mile from the village of Cotterstock, Tansor forms part of the district of East Northamp ...

Thornby, Northamptonshire

Thornby is a village and civil parish in the Daventry district of the county of Northamptonshire in England. It has a Manor house. At the time of the 2001 census, the parishs population was 162 people, increasing to 189 at the 2011 Census. The vi ...

Thorpe Lubenham

Thorpe Lubenham is a deserted settlement and former civil parish in the English midland county of Northamptonshire. Thorpe Lubenham lies to the South of the Leicestershire village of Lubenham and South of the Welland river, which forms the bounda ...

Thorpe Malsor

The Church of England parish church of All Saints was built late in the 13th and early in the 14th centuries. In 1877 the Gothic Revival architect C.C. Rolfe restored the church, with Harry Hems of Exeter undertaking the carving. All Saints paris ...

Thorpe Underwood, Northamptonshire

Thorpe Underwood is a hamlet in the civil parish of Harrington, in the Kettering district, in the county of Northamptonshire, England. In 1870-72 it had a population of 22. Thorpe Underwood was possibly a DMV.

Thorpe Waterville

Thorpe Waterville is a village in the English county of Northamptonshire. It is combined with Achurch to form the ecclesiastical parish of Thorpe Achurch, in turn this is added to another combined parish, Lilford-cum-Wigsthorpe, to form the group ...

Thrapston

Thrapston is a small town in Northamptonshire, England. It is the headquarters of the East Northamptonshire district, and at the time of the 2011 census, had a population of 6.239. Thrapston is close to the river Nene and is at the junction of th ...

Thurning, Northamptonshire

Thurning is a village and civil parish in the English county of Northamptonshire. Located in the north-east of the county, about 5.5 miles south-east of Oundle, Thurning forms part of the district of East Northamptonshire and the civil parish of ...

Titchmarsh, Northamptonshire

Titchmarsh is a village and civil parish in East Northamptonshire, England. The 2001 census recorded a parish population of 543 people, increasing to 598 at the 2011 Census.

Upper Boddington

Upper Boddington is a village situated in the South Northamptonshire district of Northamptonshire, England. It is in the parish of Boddington along with the smaller village of Lower Boddington. The village is located approximately 10 miles from D ...

Upper Heyford, Northamptonshire

Upper Heyford is a village 6 miles west of Northampton, just before Weedon, Northamptonshire, England. It sat along the former A45 road until a bypass opened on the 15th November 2018, and is close 0.5 miles by road to the M1 London to Yorkshire ...

Upper Stowe

Upper Stowe is a village in the Daventry district of the county of Northamptonshire in England. It is in the civil parish of Stowe Nine Churches. It has a church dedicated to St James. This was built to the design of P.C Hardwick in 1855. It has ...

Wakerley

Wakerley is a linear village and civil parish in the county of Northamptonshire, England. Forming part of the district of East Northamptonshire, Wakerley is close to, and south of, the River Welland that forms the boundary with Rutland, its neare ...

Wappenham

Wappenham is a linear village and civil parish in Northamptonshire, England. It is 5 miles south-west of Towcester, north of Syresham and north-west of Silverstone and forms part of the district of South Northamptonshire. At the time of the 2001 ...

Warkton

Warkton is a nucleated village and civil parish in the English county of Northamptonshire. It is about three miles north-east of the town of Kettering and forms part of the borough of Kettering. At the time of the 2001 census, the parishs populat ...

Warkworth, Northamptonshire

Warkworth is a village and civil parish in South Northamptonshire, about 2 miles east of Banbury in Oxfordshire and 1 mile southeast of junction 11 of the M40 motorway. The land on which the village was granted to the family of Lyons by William t ...

Warmonds Hill

Warmonds Hill is a district of Higham Ferrers, Northamptonshire located north west of the town centre. Its Western boundary is the river Nene and A45 trunk road while the Eastern border of the former A6.

Weekley

Weekley is a small village and civil parish in the English county of Northamptonshire. At the time of the 2001 census, the parishs population was 242 people, increasing to 297 at the 2011 Census. It is administered as part of the borough of Kette ...

Weldon, Northamptonshire

Weldon is a suburban village and civil parish on the eastern outskirts of Corby, Northamptonshire, two miles away from the town centre. The village is listed in the Doomsday Book as Weledene, in the Colby Hundred. The head of the manor before 106 ...

Welford Reservoir

Welford Reservoir is in the English county of Northamptonshire. Welford reservoir is the lower of the pair of reservoirs owned by the canal & river trust - the other Sulby reservoir, which provide water to the level of the canal the Grand Union o ...

West Farndon

West Farndon is a hamlet and deserted medieval village about 3 ⁄ 4 mile southwest of Hinton, Northamptonshire, in the civil parish of Woodford cum Membris.

West Northamptonshire

West Northamptonshire is a proposed unitary authority in the ceremonial county of Northamptonshire, England. It is set to be created in April 2021 by the merger of the three existing non-metropolitan districts of Daventry, Northampton, and South ...

Westhorp

Westhorp is a hamlet in the county of Northamptonshire, England. Expansion has led to its merger with the neighbouring village of Byfield. Westhorp is in the civil parish of Byfield.

Weston by Welland

Weston by Welland is a village and civil parish in the north of the English county of Northamptonshire administered as part of the borough of Kettering. As its name suggests, it is near to the River Welland that, thereabouts, forms the boundary w ...

Weston, Northamptonshire

Weston is a village located in the south west of the English county of Northamptonshire, it is part of South Northamptonshire district. It gives its name to Weston Hall, the home of Sir Sacheverell Sitwell from 1927 until his death in 1988. It fo ...

Whiston, Northamptonshire

Whiston is a village in the English county of Northamptonshire four miles due east of the county town of Northampton. It is in the civil parish of Cogenhoe and Whiston.The name of the village derives from Old English and was first recorded as Hwi ...

Whitfield, Northamptonshire

Whitfield is a village and parish in the south-west of the English county of Northamptonshire in the valley of the River Great Ouse which forms the border with Buckinghamshire. Nearby villages include Syresham, Biddlesden, Helmdon and Silverstone ...

Whittlebury

Whittlebury is a village and civil parish in the south of the English county of Northamptonshire close to its border with Buckinghamshire. It is due south of the town of Towcester to which it is connected by main roads. At the time of the 2001 ce ...

Wicken, Northamptonshire

Wicken is a village and civil parish in the English county of Northamptonshire. It is about one mile north of the A422 road between Milton Keynes and Buckingham and forms part of South Northamptonshire district. At the time of the 2001 census, th ...

Wigsthorpe

Wigsthorpe is a hamlet in the east of the English county of Northamptonshire, south of the town of Oundle and the village of Barnwell. It is in East Northamptonshire district and is part of the civil parish of Thorpe.

Wilbarston

Wilbarston is a village and civil parish in the English county of Northamptonshire in the Welland valley. It is administered as part of the borough of Kettering and is five miles east of the Leicestershire town of Market Harborough, via the A427. ...

Wilby, Northamptonshire

Wilby is a suburban linear village and civil parish in Northamptonshire and is a part of the Borough of Wellingborough. It is directly south-west of the town of Wellingborough on the former trunk road, the A4500, to the county town of Northampton ...

Wood Burcote

Wood Burcote is a hamlet located less than one mile south of Towcester in the district of South Northamptonshire in the English county of Northamptonshire. It takes its name from a small wood above the village which overlooks the valley of the Ri ...

Woodend, Northamptonshire

Woodend is a small village in the district of South Northamptonshire in the English county of Northamptonshire. The hotel is 6 miles 9.7 km West of the town of Towcester and was a hamlet in the parish, as blakesley until 1866, when it became a pa ...

Woodford cum Membris

Woodford cum Membris is a civil parish in Northamptonshire, England. It includes the villages of Woodford Halse and Hinton and the hamlet of West Farndon. The 2011 Census recorded the parish population as 3.393. After the 1974 reorganization of l ...

Woodford, Northamptonshire

Woodford is a large village and civil parish located in East Northamptonshire, England. At the time of the 2011 census, the parishs population was 1.461 people. It consists of two separate parts, the Eastern, lower, part being on the banks of the ...

Woodnewton

Woodnewton is a village in Northamptonshire, England. Essentially a pair of parallel streets, the village lies to the north of a small stream, the Willow Brook, in Rockingham Forest. It is in the East Northamptonshire district. At the time of the ...

Wyke Hamon

Wyke Hamon is a manor in Wicken, Northamptonshire, England. In the early 16th century it was owned by John Spencer of the prominent Spencer family of aristocrats.

Yardley Gobion

The Grand Union Canal runs nearby east of the village. In 1979 he showed on blue Peter show, when presenter fiance Simon visited the breeder a Saint Bernard in the village. Famous Victorian botanist George Claridge by Drews, late mayor of Oxford, ...

Yarwell

Yarwell is a village on the River Nene in the extreme east of the English county of Northamptonshire near the border with Cambridgeshire. Its name is derived from the spring where the yarrow grows. At the time of the 2001 census, the parishs popu ...

Yelvertoft

Yelvertoft is a village in the Daventry district of the county of Northamptonshire in England. At the time of the 2001 census, the parishs population was 821 people, reducing to 764 at the 2011 Census. Yelvertofts main thoroughfare, called high s ...

Abberwick

Abberwick is a hamlet near the River Aln in the English county of Northumberland. It was known as Alburwic in the 12th century. The name is Anglo-Saxon Old English Aluburgs dairy farm. The civil parish was merged into Edlingham in 1955. In 1951 t ...

Acklington Park

Acklington Park in the parish of Warkworth, Northumberland, England was the birthplace of John Rushworth who achieved fame in both England and during the formation of the United States of America for compiling a series of works called Historical ...