ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 344

District Council of Peake

The District Council of Peake was a local government area in the Australian state of South Australia that existed from 1911 to 1997 on land in the state’s south-east. He was proclaimed on 16 November 1911 in his seat, being in the city at the pea ...

Corporate Town of Peterborough

The Corporate Town of Peterborough was a local government area in South Australia centred on the town of Peterborough. It came into existence on 7 October 1886 when it separated from the surrounding District Council of Yongala. It was initially k ...

District Council of Pirie

The District Council of Pirie was a local government area in South Australia from 1892 to 1996. It surrounded, but did not include, the city of Port Pirie, which had its own municipal government as the City of Port Pirie. The district Council was ...

Corporate Town of Port Augusta West

The Corporate Town of Port Augusta West was a local government area in South Australia centred on the suburb of Port Augusta West. It was gazetted on 6 October 1887. They met in council chambers in Loudon Road, which ceased to be used by its succ ...

District Council of Port Germein

The District Council of Port Germein was a local government area in South Australia, centred on the town of Port Germein. It was gazetted on 5 January 1888 under the provisions of the District Councils Act 1887 and encompassed the hundreds of Bar ...

City of Port Pirie

The City of Port Pirie was a local government area in South Australia from 1876 to 1997, centred on the city of Port Pirie. He was proclaimed on 28 Sep 1876 as the corporate town of Port Pirie, almost four years after the town was surveyed. It co ...

District Council of Ridley

The District Council of Ridley was a local government area in South Australia from 1976 to 1991. It was established on 30 January 1976 with the amalgamation of the district Council of Marne and the regional Council sedan. It included the whole ca ...

District Council of Spalding

The District Council of Spalding was a local government area in South Australia, centred on the town of Spalding. It was proclaimed on 30 July 1885 by Governor William C. F. Robinson, comprising the Hundreds of Reynolds and Andrews as far south a ...

District Council of Terowie

The District Council of Terowie was a local government area in South Australia from 1888 to 1935, centring on the town of Terowie. It was established by the district councils act of 1887, which came into force on 5 January 1888. The establishment ...

District Council of Waikerie

The District Council of Waikerie was a local government area in South Australia from 1914 to 1997, centring on the town of Waikerie. It was announced on 19 February 1914, seven members of the Council, consisting of the cadastral hundred of Waiker ...

District Council of Wirrega

The District Council of Wirrega was a short-lived local government area in South Australia in existence from 1884 to 1888. The introduction of local government in the area of Mallee in the 1870-ies were the subject of considerable local conflict ...

Shire of Alberton

The Shire of Alberton was a local government area about 220 kilometres southeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 1.868.83 square kilometres, and existed from 1855 until 1994.

Shire of Alexandra

The Shire of Alexandra was a local government area located about 130 kilometres northeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 2.197.31 square kilometres, and existed from 1868 until 1994.

City of Ararat

The City of Ararat was a local government area about 200 kilometres west-northwest of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. It existed from 1858 until 1994. With headquarters in Ararat Victoria, the city had jurisdiction over an ar ...

Shire of Avoca

The Shire of Avoca was a local government area about 180 kilometres northwest of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 1.124 square kilometres, and existed from 1861 until 1994.

Shire of Avon

The Shire of Avon was a local government area about 20 kilometres north of Sale, the major regional centre in central Gippsland, Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 2.533 square kilometres, and existed from 1864 until 1994. This art ...

Shire of Bacchus Marsh

The Shire of Bacchus Marsh was a local government area about 50 kilometres west of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 565 square kilometres, and existed from 1862 until 1994.

City of Bairnsdale

The City of Bairnsdale was a local government area about 280 kilometres east of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The City covered an area of 27.20 square kilometres, and existed from its split from the Shire of Bairnsdale in 1 ...

Shire of Bairnsdale

The Shire of Bairnsdale was a local government area about 280 kilometres east of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 2.277.9 square kilometres, and existed from 1867 until 1994. For its first one hund ...

Shire of Ballan

The Shire of Ballan was a local government area about 75 kilometres west of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 919.45 square kilometres, and existed from 1862 until 1994.

Shire of Ballarat

The Shire of Ballarat was a local government area immediately to the northwest and west of the regional city of Ballarat, Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 481.74 square kilometres, and existed from 1856 until 1994.

Shire of Barrabool

The Shire of Barrabool was a local government area about 100 kilometres southwest of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 575.18 square kilometres, and existed from 1853 until 1994.

Shire of Bass

The Shire of Bass was a local government area about 120 kilometres south-southeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 526 square kilometres, and existed from 1871 until 1994. Its administrative ce ...

Shire of Belfast

The Shire of Belfast was a local government area about 290 kilometres west-southwest of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 5.190 square kilometres, and existed from 1853 until 1994.

City of Benalla

The City of Benalla was a local government area about 188 kilometres northeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The city, which was completely surrounded by the Shire of Benalla, covered an area of 17.76 square kilometres, ...

City of Bendigo

The City of Bendigo was a local government area covering the central area and inner western suburbs of the regional city of Bendigo, Victoria, Australia. The city covered an area of 32.53 square kilometres, and existed from 1855 until 1994.

Shire of Birchip

The Shire of Birchip was a local government area located about 170 kilometres northwest of Bendigo in northwestern Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 1.468 square kilometres, and existed from 1895 until 1995.

Shire of Bright

The Shire of Bright was a local government area about 280 kilometres east-northeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 3.108 square kilometres, and existed from 1862 until 1994.

Shire of Broadford

The Shire of Broadford was a local government area about 70 kilometres north of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 576.3 square kilometres, and existed from 1869 until 1994.

City of Broadmeadows

The City of Broadmeadows was a local government area about 20 kilometres north of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The city covered an area of 63.65 square kilometres, and existed from 1857 until 1994.

City of Brunswick

The City of Brunswick was a local government area in the inner-northern suburbs of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. It comprised the suburbs of Brunswick, Brunswick East and West Brunswick. It ceased to exist on June 22, 1994, when its council was ...

Shire of Buln Buln

The Shire of Buln was a local government area about 95 kilometres east-southeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 1.259 square kilometres and existed from 1878 until 1994.

Shire of Bungaree

The Shire of Bungaree was a local government area northeast of the regional city of Ballarat, Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 228 square kilometres, and existed from 1863 until 1994.

Shire of Buninyong

The Shire of Buninyong was a local government area south and southeast of the regional city of Ballarat, Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 785.1 square kilometres, and existed from 1858 until 1994.

City of Camberwell

The City of Camberwell was a local government area about 10 kilometres east of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The city covered an area of 36.01 square kilometres, and existed from 1914 until 1994.

City of Castlemaine

The City of Castlemaine was a local government area about 120 kilometres north-northwest of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia, and 38 kilometres south of the regional city of Bendigo. The city covered an area of 23.31 square kil ...

Shire of Charlton

The Shire of Charlton was a local government area about 240 kilometres north-northwest of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 1.175 square kilometres, and existed from 1895 until 1995.

City of Chelsea

The City of Chelsea was a local government area about 30 kilometres south of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia, on the eastern side of Port Phillip. The city covered an area of 12.23 square kilometres, and existed from 1920 unti ...

Shire of Chiltern

The Shire of Chiltern was a local government area located about 280 kilometres north-northeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 501.64 square kilometres, and existed from 1862 until 1994.

Shire of Cobram

The Shire of Cobram was a local government area on the Murray River in the Goulburn Valley region, about 240 kilometres north of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 322 square kilometres, and existed ...

City of Coburg

The City of Coburg was a local government area about 10 kilometres north of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The city covered an area of 19.44 square kilometres, and existed from 1859 until 1994.

Shire of Colac

The Shire of Colac was a local government area about 150 kilometres west-southwest of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 1.458.2 square kilometres, and existed from 1859 until 1994.

City of Colac

The City of Colac was a local government area about 150 kilometres west-southwest of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The city covered an area of 10.88 square kilometres, and existed from 1938 until 1994. Its area was surround ...

City of Collingwood

The City of Collingwood was a local government area located about 3 kilometres east-northeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The city covered an area of 4.48 square kilometres, and existed from 1855 until 1994.

City of Cranbourne

The City of Cranbourne was a local government area about 45 kilometres southeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The city covered an area of 755 square kilometres, and existed from 1860 until 1994. It was notable for being ...

Shire of Creswick

The Shire of Creswick was a local government area about 120 kilometres west-northwest of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 551.66 square kilometres, and existed from 1859 until 1995.

City of Croydon

The City of Croydon was a local government area located about 30 kilometres east of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The city covered an area of 34.32 square kilometres, and existed from 1961 until 1994.

Shire of Daylesford and Glenlyon

The Shire of Daylesford and Glenlyon was a local government area about 110 kilometres northwest of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 609.3 square kilometres, and existed from 1860 until 1995.

Shire of Deakin

The Shire of Deakin was a local government area in the Goulburn Valley region, about 200 kilometres north of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 961 square kilometres, and existed from 1893 until 1994.

Shire of Diamond Valley

The Shire of Diamond Valley was a local government area about 20 kilometres northeast of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The shire covered an area of 74.38 square kilometres, and existed from 1964 until 1994.