ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 180

Wads Creek (Little River tributary)

Wads Creek rises on the McLendon Creek divide in a pond at Pleasantville in Moore County, North Carolina. Wads Creek then flows southeasterly to meet the Little River about 1.5 miles west-northwest of Whispering Pines.

Walkers Creek (Uwharrie River tributary)

Walkers Creek rises in a pond on the Barnes Creek and Poison Fork divide about 5 miles northwest of Abner, North Carolina in Randolph County, North Carolina. Walkers Creek flows north then curves southwest to meet the Uwharrie River about 4 miles ...

Wolfpit Branch (Swannanoa River tributary)

Wolfpit Branch rises about 3 miles south of Black Mountain, North Carolina in Buncombe County on the Broad River divide. Wolfpit Branch then flows north to meet the Swannanoa River at Black Mountain, North Carolina.

Adel, Oklahoma

Adel is an unincorporated community in northwestern Pushmataha County, Oklahoma, 12 miles west of Clayton, Oklahoma. Adel is located at 34°34′45″N 95°35′40″W. With the help of geodetic measurements, which are typically used in Oklahoma, the coord ...

Adventure District

Oklahoma Citys Adventure District is an area in Oklahoma City, roughly centered on NE 50th Street and Martin Luther King Avenue, that is home to several of the citys best-known attractions. The "Adventure District" designation was created in 2000 ...

Albany, Oklahoma

Albany is a Census-designated place and rural unincorporated community located in Bryan County, Oklahoma, on State Highway 70E. The post office opened July 10, 1894. The community was named for Albany, New York. As of the 2010 census, the populat ...

Albert, Oklahoma

Albert, Oklahoma is an unincorporated place in Caddo County, Oklahoma, United States. It is located southwest of Binger on State Highway 146. The post office was established September 1, 1910. The community is said to have been named for a friend ...

Alfalfa, Oklahoma

Alfalfa is an unincorporated community in western Caddo County, Oklahoma, United States. Alfalfa is located on Oklahoma State Highway 58 8 miles north of Carnegie. Fort Cobb Lake and state park are about five miles to the east. The community was ...

Allison, Oklahoma

Allison is an unincorporated community in Bryan County, Oklahoma. It is located 7 miles south of Durant, Oklahoma, and had a post office from March 6, 1901, to December 15, 1921. It was named after the nearby Mount Allison school.

Alma, Oklahoma

Alma is a small rural community located in southwestern Stephens County, Oklahoma. The Alma Post Office, said to be named for Alma Peeples, was opened February 14, 1906. The Alma School District was consolidated with the one at Velma.

Alpers, Oklahoma

Alpers is an unincorporated community in Carter County, Oklahoma. The elevation is 965 feet. A post office operated in Alpers from July 15, 1918, to November 14, 1931.

Antioch, Oklahoma

Antioch is a town in Garvin County, Oklahoma, United States. It was located 10 miles west of Pauls Valley and had a post office from September 6, 1895 until May 14, 1932.

Arnett, Harmon County, Oklahoma

Arnett is a small unincorporated community in Harmon County, Oklahoma. It is located 5 miles northwest of Hollis. A rural school was located in Arnett on Route 2. The school, along with Harmon Countys other rural schools, was annexed into the Hol ...

Arpelar, Oklahoma

Arpelar is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Pittsburg County, Oklahoma, United States. Its population was 272 as of the 2010 census. U.S. Route 270 and Oklahoma State Highway 1 pass through the community.

Aydelotte, Oklahoma

Aydelotte is a small rural community located on State Highway 18 in Pottawatomie County, Oklahoma, north of Shawnee. The town platted by the Santa Fe Railroad in 1903 was called Hansmeyer, but became Aydelotte for one of the railroad employees, J ...

Bache, Oklahoma

Bache is an unincorporated community in Pittsburg County, Oklahoma, United States. The community is located on U.S. Route 270 7 miles east of McAlester. Bache had a post office from February 26, 1903, until July 29, 1995. The community was named ...

Badger Lee, Oklahoma

Badger Lee is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Sequoyah County, Oklahoma, United States. Its population was 76 as of the 2010 census.

Banty, Oklahoma

Banty is an unincorporated community in Bryan County, Oklahoma. It is 5 miles North of Bennington, Oklahoma and mail July 31, 1901, to July 5, 1949. At the time of its Foundation, the bow was located in blue County, Choctaw.

Battiest, Oklahoma

Battiest is a small unincorporated community in McCurtain County, Oklahoma, United States. The post office was established November 1, 1926. It was named for Choctaw jurist Byington Battiest. The population today is approximately 250 people. Serv ...

Baum, Oklahoma

Baum is an unincorporated community in Carter County, Oklahoma. The elevation is 722 feet. The town used to be known as Boland. The post office name was changed to Baum on September 18, 1894. The post office closed on March 15, 1918.

Bee, Oklahoma

Bee is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Johnston County, Oklahoma, United States. Its population was 140 as of the 2010 census.

Belzoni, Oklahoma

Belzoni is a community in Pushmataha County, Oklahoma. Located several miles southwest of Rattan. It was formerly home to a thriving community and continues as a place name. The Belzoni was created in the last years of the Choctaw nation as a sov ...

Bentley, Oklahoma

Bentley is a small unincorporated community in Atoka County, Oklahoma. It lies east of the county seat of Atoka off Highway 3. There was once a school at Bentley, but it has closed down. The community had a post office from June 1, 1903, until Au ...

Berlin, Oklahoma

Berlin is an unincorporated community in southeastern Roger Mills County, Oklahoma, United States. U.S. Route 283 passes 1.5 miles west of the community. Sayre is eleven miles to the south and Elk City is approximately 12 miles to the east on U.S ...

Bethel, McCurtain County, Oklahoma

Bethel is a rural unincorporated community located west of U.S. Route 259 in McCurtain County, Oklahoma, United States. The post office opened January 24, 1900. The ZIP code is 74724. This building is not very active seniors, but they were known ...

Blackgum, Oklahoma

Blackgum is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Sequoyah County, Oklahoma, United States. Its population was 51 as of the 2010 census. Oklahoma State Highway 100 passes through the community. Blackgum had a post office from ...

Blanco, Oklahoma

Blanco is a rural unincorporated community located on State Highway 63 in Pittsburg County, Oklahoma, United States. The ZIP code is 74528. The Census Bureau defined a census-designated place for Blanco in 2015, the 2010 population within the 201 ...

Blocker, Oklahoma

Blocker is a rural unincorporated community located on State Highway 31 in Pittsburg County, Oklahoma, United States. The post office opened April 26, 1905. The ZIP code is 74529. The community is said to have been named for a local coal dealer, ...

Blue, Oklahoma

Blue is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Bryan County, Oklahoma, United States. It is located 9 miles east of Durant, the county seat. It is named after the nearby Blue River. As of the 2010 census it had a population of ...

Boatman, Oklahoma

Boatman is an unincorporated community in Mayes County, Oklahoma, United States. Boatman is 8 miles east-southeast of Pryor Creek. Boatman had a post office from August 28, 1922, to December 30, 1965. The community was named after merchant Joe P. ...

Boone, Oklahoma

Boone is an unincorporated community in Caddo County, Oklahoma, United States. Boone is located along Oklahoma State Highway 19 5.5 miles west of Apache.

Bowden, Oklahoma

Bowden is an unincorporated community in Creek County, Oklahoma. A post office operated in Bowden from June 9, 1909 to November 1, 1957. It is located four miles north of Sapulpa. The community was named after Sapulpa merchant Rollandus A. Bowden ...

Bowring, Oklahoma

Bowring is a small unincorporated community in Osage County, Oklahoma. The post office was established November 12, 1923. It is said to have been named from the combination of the names of two local ranchers, Mart Bowhan and Richard Woodring.

Box, Oklahoma

Box is an unincorporated community and census-designated place in Sequoyah County, Oklahoma, United States. Its population was 224 as of the 2010 census. Oklahoma State Highway 82 passes through the community. Previously, the field known as Roy, ...

Briartown, Oklahoma

Briartown is an unincorporated community in Muskogee County, Oklahoma, United States. Briartown is located along Oklahoma State Highway 2 in far southern Muskogee County, 3.1 miles north of Whitefield.

Brown Springs

Brown Springs is a location near Thackerville, Oklahoma. known for its body dumping. East of Interstate 35 Exit 1 Thackerville, Ok 73459 Over the last couple of decades, bodies have been discovered in the sources. These people met a violent death ...

Brown, Oklahoma

Brown is an unincorporated community in Bryan County, Oklahoma. It is located 13 miles northwest of Durant, Oklahoma. It had a post office from July 3, 1913 until July 15, 1927. It was named after its first postmaster, Robert H. Brown.

Broxton, Oklahoma

Broxton is an unincorporated community in Caddo County, Oklahoma, United States. Broxton had an independent school district until the 1990s, but it was consolidated with the Fort Cobb school district, becoming Fort Cobb-Broxton Public Schools The ...

Bunch, Oklahoma

Bunch is an unincorporated community in southwestern Adair County, Oklahoma, United States. It was named after a Cherokee vice-chief named Rabbit Bunch who lived in the area in the 1880s. Nestled in the Sallisaw Creek valley, Bunch is bisected by ...

Cade, Oklahoma

Cade is an unincorporated community in Bryan County, Oklahoma. It is in northeastern Bryan County and had a post office from April 1, 1903 until October 31, 1915. It was named after Cassius M. Cade, a territorial political leader. At the time of ...

Cairo, Oklahoma

Cairo is a small unincorporated community in Coal County, Oklahoma. It is 7 miles northeast of Coalgate, Oklahoma. The community was named after the town of Cairo, Illinois. A post office operated in Cairo from March 28, 1902 to July 15, 1939.

Cartwright, Oklahoma

Cartwright is an unincorporated rural community and census-designated place in Bryan County, Oklahoma, United States. As of the 2010 census it had a population of 609. The post office opened April 25, 1940, and it is one of the newest communities ...

Catesby, Oklahoma

Catesby is an unincorporated community located in Ellis County, Oklahoma. Named for Catesby ap Roger Jones, the town was founded on July 1, 1902. The post office was opened by Ella M. Rose on February 18, 1902. The town remains a legal town site, ...

Chester, Oklahoma

Chester is a census-designated place and unincorporated community in Major County, Oklahoma. The post office opened April 8, 1895. The ZIP Code is 73838. It is said to have been named for Chester I. Long, US Senator from Kansas.

Chilocco, Oklahoma

Chilocco is an unincorporated community in Kay County, Oklahoma, United States. The community is located in northern Kay County, 5.4 miles south-southwest of Arkansas City, Kansas. Its name comes from the Hiloksky Indian school, which, in turn, p ...

Chimney Hill (Oklahoma)

Chimney Hill in Pontotoc County, Oklahoma was a landmark on the old California Road. It was identified on old maps as Natural Mound. Its prominence made it a major reference point for many surveys and in 1920 it became the site of the U.S. Coast ...

Chloeta, Oklahoma

Chloeta is a small rural community located on State Highway 20 in Delaware County, Oklahoma, north of Spavinaw Lake. The post office existed from April 18, 1898, until January 31, 1914.

Chockie, Oklahoma

Chockie, is an unincorporated community northeast of Stringtown, in Atoka County, Oklahoma. The local post office closed in 1937. The community was named for chickie and to protect you from spam Chockie, daughter of Charles to protect you from sp ...

Choska, Oklahoma

Choska is an unincorporated community in Wagoner County, Oklahoma, United States. It is located on Oklahoma State Highway 104 at the junction of E. 0810 Road and N. 4150 Road, approximately 2 miles northeast of Haskell, Oklahoma, and 6 miles west ...

Clarita, Oklahoma

Clarita is a small unincorporated community in Coal County, Oklahoma, United States. The post office was established January 19, 1910. Organization "Claritas" school district Olney public school district, is one of the smallest public school dist ...