ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 119

Astley Cross

Astley Cross is a village in Worcestershire, England, located on the outskirts of Stourport-on-Severn. The village lies 1 mile south of the centre of Stourport, just east of Dunley and southeast of Areley Kings. The village of Astley Cross lies o ...

Aston Fields

Aston Fields is a village in the district of Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, United Kingdom. It is situated to the south of Bromsgrove and is the site of Bromsgrove railway station. It was the location of Bromsgrove railway works, established in 1841 ...

Astwood Bank

Astwood Bank is a village south of Redditch. The village is noted for its successful cricket team, who have twice played at Lords in the National Village Knock Out Final. The A441 Evesham Road is the main trunk road through Astwood Bank from Redd ...

Axborough

Axborough is a low wooded hill east of Cookley in north Worcestershire, England. Its Saxon name meant hassock grass barrow. This does not imply the presence of a Mound, as in the toponymy of the local term for them is low. The word beorh refers t ...

Baughton

Baughton is a hamlet in Worcestershire, England. The population of Baughton is 193. The population as a whole, is older than the national average and the average in Worcestershire. Baughton was once a legend of Formula 1 Nigel Mansell. The villag ...

Bayton

Bayton is a village and civil parish in the Malvern Hills District of Worcestershire, England. According to the 2001 census it had a population of 443. The village is about 2½ miles south of Cleobury Mortimer. The Village Hall was built following ...

Bell End

Bell End is a village in the English county of Worcestershire. It is situated approximately 3 kilometres south-east of Hagley on the A491, north of Bromsgrove and close to Kidderminster, Stourbridge and Halesowen. It lies in the local government ...

Bengeworth

Bengeworth is a locality adjoining Evesham in Worcestershire, England. In 1887 it had a population of 1.311. Today it has a school and an Anglican church.

Besford

Besford is a village and civil parish in the Wychavon district of Worcestershire, England. According to the 2001 census it had a population of 147. The village is near Pershore, off the road from Upton-upon-Severn. A historic house, Besford Court ...

Bickmarsh

Bickmarsh is a village and civil parish in the Wychavon district of Worcestershire, England. According to the 2001 census it had a population of 65. The village is on the Warwickshire border, and is about eight miles north-east of Evesham.

Birlingham

Birlingham is a village and civil parish in the Wychavon district of Worcestershire. The village is south of Pershore, located in a bend of the River Avon.

Birtsmorton

Birtsmorton is a village and civil parish in the Malvern Hills of Worcestershire, England, which at the 2001 census had a population of 250. It is in the south-west of the county, not far from the borders with Herefordshire and Gloucestershire. T ...

Bishampton

Bishampton is a village and civil parish in the Wychavon district of Worcestershire, England with a population of 688. It contains a church, a village shop and post office, a hairdresser, a village hall with a park and childrens play areas, and a ...

Blackminster

Blackminster is a Hamlet in Worcestershire, England. Features include a large middle school, haulage and horticultural produce companies and a converted ex-railway station business/retail park.

Blakeshall

Blakeshall is a hamlet in Worcestershire, England. It is one of the ancient townships of the manor of Wolverley, whose extent was similar to that of the modern civil parish of Wolverley & Cookley.

Bliss Gate

Bliss Gate is a small village in Worcestershire, England. It had many attractive tourist landmarks such as the Bliss Gate Inn and a village board for Rock village.

Bockleton

Bockleton is a small village and civil parish in the Malvern Hills district of Worcestershire, England, five miles south of Tenbury Wells. According to the 2001 census it had a population of 190. It is close to the Herefordshire border and is abo ...

Bordesley, Worcestershire

Bordesley is a village north of Redditch, in Worcestershire, England. Bordesley primarily comprises houses alongside the A441 Birmingham Road between Redditch and Alvechurch. Bordesley is probably named for nearby Bordesley Abbey.

Bournheath

Bournheath is a village and civil parish in the Bromsgrove District of Worcestershire, England, about three miles north of Bromsgrove. According to the 2001 census it had a population of 454.

Bradley Green, Worcestershire

Bradley Green is a village in the Wychavon district of Worcestershire, England. It is located just south of the town of Redditch and south of Feckenham, Astwood Bank, Callow Hill and Inkberrow. It is also near the border with Redditch district.

Bricklehampton

Bricklehampton is a village in Worcestershire, England. The 14-letter town name is perhaps the longest isogrammic one-word place name in the English-speaking world, according to linguist David Crystal.

Broadheath, Worcestershire

Broadheath with Lower Broadheath is a civil parish officially known as Lower Broadheath, in the Malvern Hills district of Worcestershire, England. According to the 2011 census it had a population of 1.728. The parish also includes Upper Broadheat ...

Broadwas

Broadwas or Broadwas-on-Teme, is a village and civil parish in the Malvern Hills district of Worcestershire, England. According to the 2001 census it had a population of 307. The village is located on the River Teme, about 6 miles west of Worcest ...

Broome, Worcestershire

Broome is a village and civil parish in the Wyre Forest District of Worcestershire, England. According to the 2001 census it had a population of 338. The village is situated just south of the border with West Midlands and includes the village of ...

Burcot, Worcestershire

Burcot is a small village in the Bromsgrove district of Worcestershire. Burcot is a village hall that can be rented. It has a garden centre and Guild of craftsmen. The village is mentioned in the Domesday Book in 1086 when it was known as Bericote.

Bushley

Bushley is a small village and civil parish in the Malvern Hills district in Worcestershire, England. The church is dedicated to Saint Peter. William Dowdswell 1721-1775, Worcestershire MP from 1761 until his death, and was raised in Pull court i ...

Callow End

Callow End is a constituent village of the civil parish of Powick in the Malvern Hills District of Worcestershire, England. It is located on the B4424 road about 1 mile to the south of its junction with the main A449 Malvern to Worcester road.

Castlemorton

Castlemorton is a village and civil parish close to Malvern in the Malvern Hills District in the county of Worcestershire, England. It consists of a village centre, a large common and many farms and houses within the area. To the south of the vil ...

Charlton, Worcestershire

Charlton is a village in the Wychavon district of the county of Worcestershire, England. During the 2007 United Kingdom floods, many homes were affected for the second time in a decade. Charlton lies between the River Avon and Bredon Hill. Evesha ...

Childswickham

Childswickham is a village in Worcestershire, England, situated within the flat open landscape of the Vale of Evesham, between the Bredon and Cotswold Hills, two miles from Broadway. It is an area predominantly of market gardening, arable and pas ...

Church Lench

Church Lench is a village in the civil parish of South Lenches, in the Wychavon district, in the county of Worcestershire, England, approximately 5.5 miles due north of Evesham and 13 miles due west of Stratford-upon-Avon. It is the largest of th ...

Churchill, Worcestershire

Churchill is a village in the Wyre Forest District of Worcestershire, England, near to Kidderminster. It is in the civil parish of Churchill and Blakedown and is the location of one of the few surviving water-powered plating forges in the United ...

Claines

Claines is a small village just to the north of Worcester, England, on the east bank of the River Severn. Claines is situated in the heart of Worcestershire on the A449 between Worcester and Kidderminster. It has a church which dates from the 10t ...

Cleeve Prior

Cleeve Prior is a village in the Vale of Evesham Worcestershire, England. It is situated on the cliff on the Worcestershire/Warwickshire border above the river Avon. There are many picturesque houses made from the local lias stone, including the ...

Clevelode

Clevelode is a small village in Worcestershire, England. It is located around 5 miles south of Worcester just to the west of the River Severn. Clevelode is next to the B424 between Callow End and Hanley Castle in the civil parish of Powick. A car ...

Clifton upon Teme

Named after the River Teme which runs nearby, it has a village shop, parish church dedicated to Saint Kenelm, nursery and primary school, village hall, veterinary surgery, garage and two pubs, the New Inn and the Lion.

Clows Top

Clows Top is a village in north Worcestershire, England. There is a village shop, butchers and a village hall called "Hall of Victory". It lies on the A456 road between Tenbury wells and Bewdley. The resort is divided into border districts of Mal ...

Conderton

The name Conderton is derived from the Old English Cantware-tūn, meaning "Farmstead of the Kent dwellers or Kentishmen". It has been recorded as Cantuaretun 875 and Canterton 1201.

Cookhill

Cookhill is a village and civil parish in Worcestershire, England, on the county border near Alcester. It is close to a former Cistercian Priory of the same name.

Cotheridge

Cotheridge is a village and civil parish in the district of Malvern Hills in the county of Worcestershire, England. It is 4 miles west of the city of Worcester and a mile north-east of the Leigh Court railway station on the Great Western Railway ...

Crabbs Cross

Crabbs Cross is a district of Redditch in Worcestershire, England. Crabbs Cross got its name from the intersection, now known as the star and garter island. Historically, Crabbs cross was the intersection of Crabbs Cross lane, Evesham road A441 a ...

Croome DAbitot

Croome DAbitot is a village and civil parish, which shares a joint parish council with Severn Stoke, in the Malvern Hills District in the county of Worcestershire, England. The parish church of St Mary Magdalene is situated in the grounds of Croo ...

Crowcroft

Crowcroft is a small hamlet just outside Leigh Sinton in Worcestershire, England. The main industry for the area is fruit growing, particularly for local cider and perry businesses. Crowcroft has been the site of a traditional annual bonfire for ...

Crowle, Worcestershire

Crowle is a village in Worcestershire, England situated 4 miles east of the City of Worcester. Tickets crowle known for his Anglican Church. John The Baptist. The village has a first school crowle tickets for the first school, where the villages ...

Diglis

Diglis is a suburb of Worcester, England. It is located around half a mile south of the city centre on the banks of the River Severn. The Worcester and Birmingham Canal starts in Diglis where it is connected to the Severn. Diglis Lock is a wide-b ...

Doddenham

Doddenham is a hamlet and civil parish in the Malvern Hills district in the county of Worcestershire, England. Doddenham in the lower part of the Doddingtree hundred. A notable feature of the landscape is Ankerdine hill.

Dodderhill

Dodderhill is a village and civil parish, near Droitwich, Worcestershire, England, located on the River Salwarpe. The parish is bisected by the M5 motorway, constructed in 1962. It is home to the Droitwich transmitting station in Wychbold.

Doverdale

Doverdale is a small village in Worcestershire to the west of Droitwich. It has a parish church. Doverdale Manor one of largest properties in the village.

Drakelow, Worcestershire

Drakelow is a hamlet in Worcestershire, England. It is one of the ancient townships of the manor of Wolverley, whose extent was similar to that of the modern civil parish of Wolverley & Cookley. It is located approximately 1 mile northwest of Wol ...

Draycott, Worcestershire

Draycott is a hamlet in the English county of Worcestershire. It is located on A38 South of Worcester. It is an integral part of the civil parish of Kempsey in the Malvern hills district.