ⓘ Free online encyclopedia. Did you know? page 10

East Down, Devon

East Down is a village and civil parish in the Barnstaple district of Devon, England. It includes the hamlets of Churchill, Shortacombe, Brockham and Clifton. The parish contains a church, pub and manor house.

East Lyn Valley

East Lyn Valley is a valley of Exmoor, covering northern Devon and western Somerset, England. River East Lyn is formed from several main tributaries including hoar oak water starts near the dam water. His mouth is in a great Location at the confl ...

East Portlemouth

East Portlemouth is a small Devon village situated at the southern end of the Kingsbridge Estuary, on the south Devon Coast. The population of this parish taken at the 2011 census was 162. The village is sited on a hill giving views to the north ...

East Putford

East Putford is a small settlement and civil parish in the local government district of Torridge, Devon, England. The parish, which lies about halfway between the towns of Holsworthy and Bideford, is surrounded clockwise from the north by the par ...

Eastington, Devon

Eastington is a hamlet in the English county of Devon. Eastington is approximately one mile East of the village of Lapford. The village includes a dairy farm and horse stables, as well as several private houses grouped around the intersection of ...

Ermington Hundred

The hundred of Ermington was the name of one of thirty two ancient administrative units of Devon, England. It was active until the end of the 19th century when more specialized governmental units assumed its many roles. Ermington hundred consiste ...

Exminster Hundred

The hundred of Exminster was the name of one of thirty two ancient administrative units of Devon, England. The parishes in the hundred were: Dunchideock. Dawlish. (Долиш) Kenn. (Кенн) Kenton. (Кентон) Powderham. (Паудерхэм) Doddiscombsleigh. Ashc ...

Exton, Devon

Exton is a village in East Devon, Devon, England. It is served by Exton railway station, where there is an hourly train service to either Exeter Central or Exmouth. Services include multiple bed and Breakfast, Church, village hall, petrol station ...

Farringdon, Devon

Farringdon is a village, civil parish and former manor in the district of East Devon in the county of Devon, England. The parish is surrounded clockwise from the north by the parishes of Clyst Honiton, Aylesbeare, a small part of Colaton Raleigh, ...

Farway

Farway is a small village, civil parish and former manor in the East Devon district of Devon, England. The village is situated about 3 1 ⁄ 2 miles south-east of Honiton. The small parish church of St Michael has a tower with 13th century north ai ...

Fluxton

Fluxton is a hamlet situated in the Otter Valley, East Devon. It is made up predominantly of old farmhouses and new barn conversions and has a population of approximately 99.

Folly Gate

Folly Gate is a village in the civil parish of Inwardleigh, in the West Devon district, in the county of Devon, England. It is situated near Okehampton. An airfield existed near the village between 1928 and 1960, it is now a field. In 1986 the vi ...

Fordy Wood Copse

Fordy Wood Copse is a woodland in Devon, England, near Sandford. It covers a total area of 0.64 hectares and overlooks the River Creedy. It is owned and managed by the Woodland Trust.

Fosse Copse

Fosse Copse is a woodland in Devon, England, near the village of Loddiswell. It covers a total area of 1.88 hectares on the west facing slope of the Avon Valley. It is owned and managed by the Woodland Trust. There is no public access.

Fremington Hundred

The hundred of Fremington was the name of one of thirty two ancient administrative units of Devon, England. The parishes in the hundred were: Westleigh. (Которых) Alverdiscott. St Giles in the Wood. Instow. (Направлении instow) Horwood. (Хорвуд) ...

Frenchbeer

Frenchbeer is a settlement in Devon, England. It is in Dartmoor national park. Fernworthy reservoir is to the south and so is the South Teign river. Chagford is the nearest village with facilities.

Frogmore, Devon

Frogmore is a village in the civil parish of Frogmore and Sherford in the South Hams district of the county of Devon, England. The origin of the Name comes from the old English word frogga and just make sense the pool is visited by frogs. The vil ...

Furzehill

Furzehill is a hamlet in the North Devon district of Devon, England. Its nearest town is Lynton, which lies approximately 4 miles north from the hamlet. The hamlet is situated in the Exmoor National Park, near the Devon-Somerset border.

Furzehill Plantation

Furzehill Plantation is a woodland in Devon, England, near the village of Uplyme. It covers a total area of 1.22 hectares. It is owned and managed by the Woodland Trust.

Galmpton, South Hams

Galmpton is a small hamlet near Thurlestone, Devon, England. It is in the South Hams district and is five miles west of Salcombe. In 1870-72 Galmpton had a population of 176 as recorded in the Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales. Galmpton was ...

George Nympton

George Nympton or Nymet St George is a small village and civil parish in North Devon district, Devon, England. In the 2011 census it was recorded as having a population of 175. The neighboring parishes of South Molton to the North, bishops nympto ...

Gittisham

Gittisham is a village and civil parish in Devon near Honiton. The village is 3 miles from Ottery St Mary and it has a church called St Michael. The parish is surrounded, clockwise from the north, by the parishes of Awliscombe, Honiton, Sidmouth, ...

Goodleigh, Bodmiscombe

Goodleigh is a village about 1 km northeast of Bodmiscombe in the county of Devon, England. The origin of the Name comes from the old English word of the year and Leah meaning woodland clearing of a man named year.

Gulworthy

Gulworthy is a hamlet and civil parish in Devon, England that adjoins the border with Cornwall. There are a group of buildings by the road junction Gulworthy Cross which constitute the centre of the parish. These are Gulworthy School, St Pauls Ch ...

Haccombe with Combe

Haccombe with Combe is a civil parish in the Teignbridge local government district of Devon, England. The parish lies immediately to the east of the town of Newton Abbot, and south of the estuary of the River Teign. Across the estuary are the par ...

Halberton Hundred

The hundred of Halberton was the name of a small district, one of thirty two ancient administrative units of Devon, England. The parishes in the hundred were: Burlescombe part. (Burlescombe часть) Uplowman part. (Uplowman часть) Halberton. (Хальб ...

Haldon Forest

Haldon Forest is a forest located in the Haldon_Hills, Devon, England. The forest consists of several different woods. Geographically, Haldon Forest is located between the towns of Chudleigh and Exminster and is south of Exeter.

Halwill

Halwill is a village in Devon, England just off the A3079 Okehampton to Holsworthy road. About a mile away on the main road is another settlement called Halwill Junction. This name brings to mind the former significance of the two villages, as ho ...

Hartland Hundred

The hundred of Hartland was the name of one of thirty two ancient administrative units of Devon, England. The parishes in the hundred were: Clovelly, Hartland, Welcombe, Woolfardisworthy, and Yarnscombe West.

Hartridge Hill

Hartridge Hill is an elongated, peat hill situated in the Luppitt catchment area of East Devon, England. Mostly privately owned and primarily used for farming this is, with a peak rising 261 metres asl, one of the highest spots in the Otter Valle ...

Hayridge Hundred

The hundred of Hayridge was the name of one of thirty two ancient administrative units of Devon, England. It was originally known as Sulfretona and this name was still used in the Geldroll of 1084 but two hundred years later it was called Harigg ...

Haytor Hundred

The hundred of Haytor was the name of one of thirty two ancient administrative units of Devon, England. The hundred covered the coastal area between the River Teign and River Dart. It was likely named after a lost village located somewhere betwee ...

Hele Bay

Hele Bay is a small village and beach just to the east of the town of Ilfracombe in North Devon, England. It is on the South West Coast Path. The small village of Hel away from the beach. Hilo was listed in the Domesday Book 1086, when the tenant ...

Hele, Devon

Hele is a village in Devon, England, lying about one mile SSW of Bradninch and 10 miles NNE of Exeter. The village is home to a paper mill once belonging to the company Wiggins Teape, now part of the multinational company Purico group. The Devon ...

Hemyock Hundred

Hemyock Hundred was the name of one of thirty two ancient administrative units of Devon, England. The parishes in the hundred were: Awliscombe, different, Churchstanton, Clayhidon, Culmstock, dunkeswell and Hemyock

High Bray

High Bray is a village, church of England parish and former civil parish in Devon, England, in the United Kingdom. In 1961 the civil parish had a population of 150. High Bray is now the civil parish of Brayford, in the North Devon district.

Higher Ashton

Higher Ashton is a village on the western slopes of Haldon in Teignbridge, Devon, England. Along with Lower Ashton it is part of the civil parish of Ashton, which in 2001 had a population of 174. It offers still family Chudleigh manor the most co ...

Hillsea Point Rock

Hillsea Point Rock is an area of the English Channel located 0.5 nm south-east of Hillsea Point, Devon. It consists of seven or eight pinnacles ranging in depth between 25 metres on the sea bed and 2 metres at the surface With one vertex at 50°17 ...

Hittisleigh

Hittisleigh is a small rural parish and village just north-east of Dartmoor in Devon. Once part of the ancient district of the Wonford Hundred, it is now administered by Mid Devon District Council and part of the Central Devon constituency. The n ...

Hockworthy

Hockworthy is a village and civil parish in Devon, England. Its name is Old English and means "Hoccas enclosure". It has a church dedicated to St. Simon and St. Jude which was mostly rebuilt in 1865, and contains a Norman font.

Holcombe, East Devon

Holcombe is a hamlet in the district of East Devon in the English county of Devon. Holcomb is located to the North-West of the town of Lyme Regis is a mile to the West of Uplyme.

Holcombe, Teignbridge

Holcombe is a small village in the south of Devon, England, situated between the much larger coastal towns of Teignmouth and Dawlish. The village has very few facilities, although there are 2 pubs/restaurants, The Smugglers Inn and The Castle Inn ...

Hollacombe

Hollacombe is a village and small civil parish in the local government district of Torridge, Devon, England. It lies about 3 miles south east of the town of Holsworthy and is surrounded clockwise from the north by the parishes of Cookbury, Ashwat ...

Holsworthy Hamlets

Holsworthy Hamlets is a civil parish in the northwest of Devon, England. It forms part of the local government district of Torridge and came into being on 1 April 1900 when the ecclesiastical parish of Holsworthy was split into two. The arrival o ...

Holy City, Devon

Holy City is a hamlet in the parish of Chardstock, East Devon, England. It is approximately 5 miles due north of the town of Axminster, and 4 miles from the nearest small town of Chard.

Horwood, Devon

Horwood is a village and former civil parish in North Devon district, in the county of Devon, England, situated about 4 miles east of the town of Bideford. It is now in the civil parish of Horwood, Lovacott and Newton Tracey. In 1961 the civil pa ...

Horwood, Lovacott and Newton Tracey

Horwood, Lovacott and Newton Tracey is a civil parish in North Devon district, Devon, England. In the 2011 census it was recorded as having a population of 487. It includes the villages of Horwood and Newton Tracey and the hamlet of Lovacott. Nei ...

Huntshaw

Huntshaw is a village and civil parish located 2.5 north east of Great Torrington, in the Torridge district, in the county of Devon, England. In 2001, the population of the parish of Huntshaw was 120, although it was 143 in 1901 and 212 in 1801, ...

Huxham

Huxham is a hamlet and civil parish in the county of Devon, England and the district of East Devon and lies about 3 miles from Exeter. The parish has an area of about 800 acres and is surrounded, clockwise from the north, by Rewe, Poltimore, Exet ...

Ide, Devon

Ide is a village in Devon, England situated less than a mile to the southwest of Exeter. The village church is dedicated to the German Saint Ida of Herzfeld. The village is home to two pubs: the Poachers Inn and the Huntsman Inn. A long ford cros ...